Aspö Writing Lab Stockholm 2017
Aspö Writing Lab ends our 2017 tour in Stockholm. Our goal: Stronger screenplays enriched by diversity.
We are exited once again to collaborate with director Zanyar Adami and award winning professor, screenwriting coach and Wift member Marilyn Horowitz, New York and many more of the best creative minds in the industry. Join us in Stockholm, Dec 20th 2017.
What you get
- The structure and craft of screenwriting
- Your key-scene performed and filmed by professional actors
- Learn what producers want (and don't want) in a screenplay and why diversity matters
- Develop your screenplay or idea / free consultation
- Network with writers and experts in the industry
The structure and craft of screenwriting
Learn the structure and craft of screenwriting, with examples from award winning professor Marilyn Horowitz, New York 'How to write a screenplay in 10 weeks'
Your key-scene performed by professional actors and filmed
Have a key-scene from your screenplay performed by professional actors and filmed - an unique opportunity to improve not only your scene, but your entire screenplay. Explore what happens to a screenplay when stereotypes are changed. An unique opportunity to explore the craft of screenplays with some of the best minds in the industry.
What a producer wants (and doesn't want!) in a screenplay - and why diversity matters
Skype sessions with producers who will discuss what producers want and don't want in a screenplay, and the importance of diversity.
Mingel & Network
The class will end by joining Aspö Writing Lab Mingle and Program release 2018. We mingle & share work in progress by Aspö Writing Lab delegates.
Since it start in 2016, Aspö Writing Lab has fast developed a network in the film industry, amongst writers, directors, actors, photographers and filmmakers in Sweden, New York, Los Angeles, Nairobi, London and Berlin. Welcome to our family!
(changes may occur as new speakers join)
Wednesday Dec 20th (9am – 6pm)
- Welcome & introduction
- Writing Class – Plot, Premise question & Turning points
- Diversity and Stereotypes
- Scenes analysed/filmed with director and professional actors
- Prof. Marilyn Horowitz, New York: when your longline sell your script (SKYPE)
Aspö Writing Lab STOCKHOLM 2017 is produced in collaboration with London Screenwriting Festival (LSF), CINEMANTRIX and Women in Film and Television (WIFT).
How to apply
Your application should include:
- A few words about yourself and why you'd like to join Aspö WritingLab Stockholm
- If you have a project / an idea: A treatment, or work in progress / a key scene from your screenplay, or a few words about an idea you might have.
- Food restrictions and / or other important information you think we should know. (Coffee / Tea and snacks will be provided. Lunch and dinner at own expense)
- Deadline for application: December 1st
Send your bio and any added material as a pdf to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited number of places. If your application has been accepted you will be given information by December 2nd.
APPLY FOR CLASS
Apply here or use the email address above to send in your application.
Aspö Writing Lab Stockholm
A one day Writing Lab
December 20th, 2017
Once your application has been accepted you will recieve information how to pay for the class. You can then secure your place by paying the class fee.
- Class fee: 1000 SEK + moms (Student 500 SEK)
- Included: Writing Lab + lunch/coffee
- Free screenplay feedback in private consultation with Birgitta Liljedahl / Marilyn Horowitz
- NOT included: Travel, accommodation, dinner
If you have any questions concerning this class, please contact Birgitta Liljedahl: email@example.com